Translate

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Somniferous Sonnet to the Sleepless


If anybody knows the artist of this picture,
please let me know, so I can give credit.
Nocturnal conversations with the stars
Too seldom send the weary spirit sleep
And meditating on thy heart-borne scars
But lets thy thoughts of pain, not dreams, be deep
And should thy waking eyes seek to perceive
An absent treasure, like a golden fleece
Thy healing dies with dreams thou shan't receive;
Sans thy consent, not even gods grant peace
But would it be too bold of me to ask
Dear Morpheus to smite thee with sweet dream?
Or plead good Artemis permit thee bask
In pale recourse of comforting moonbeam?
Now rest thy head, and further rest thy soul;
A watch I'll keep, whilst sleeping makes thee whole

- TAB III



I did say I was thinking of posting more poetry onto this blog. I don't know if I'll do this again anytime soon; I'm still struggling to figure out what exactly people on the Internet are willing to read. But there you go — a Shakespearean (English) style sonnet about insomnia. Write what you know, after all. Heh.

P.S. Don't you dare try to steal this and claim it as yours. If you like this poem, well, thanks. If for some reason you want to post it somewhere, please contact me and ask permission first.

I will tell you straight-off that I don't want it plastered onto a generic pretty background and turned into a meme that floats around Tumblr or Pinterest or such, so don't ask.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy it. Have a nice day, and sleep well. As long as you're not operating heavy machinery or something.

¡Chao por el momento!

No comments:

Post a Comment