Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Vertical Venom


Sopping
Hopelessness,
Aversion
Trickles with
Temptation of
Endangerment
Reaping an
End:
Death. A

Devoured,
Embargoed
Spirit
Trembles,
Inhaling the
Throes of the
Undulating
Tide,
Enveloped in

Doom.
Evil,
Churning an
Abject
Darkness, is
Emanating
Nothingness
Crushing
Everything. A

Purging
Obliteration
Infects
Sensation
Overall,
Nullifying
Optimism,
Undermining the
Self

And yet...
Hmm...

And yet
Not all is lost
Thankfully,
Illumination
Detoxifies.
Oblation and
Trust
Encourage
Sanctification

- Written in August 2010

*******

If you understand this poem right from the start, then, well done! I'm surprised at your ability to interpret one of my personal stories, about which I have told you nothing.

If this poem left you feeling confused, that's ok. Poems often do that.

Now, if you'd like me to give some explanation, at least about why it is structured the way that it is... I'll include that below the jump break.




So, for your all-important hint: this poem is an acrostic.

...I probably don't need to say anything more than that.

...That is, unless any of you don't know what an acrostic is. Fine, just in case: an acrostic is a type of poem where if you read the first letter of each line, it spells something out.

There, now that I've literally spelled it out for you, I probably don't need to say anything more than that.

...I don't need to say anymore. I perhaps could, though...

...Hmm.

OK, I will leave this in the hands of the reader(s). If anyone, for whatever reason, actually wants to hear what piece of my life inspired this unfortunate poem, then I need to hear it from you directly.

I say this, fully expecting not to hear anything, ever.

On that note, any fictional reader(s) out there might like to be warned that I may actually abandon this blog for real, not long from now. This doesn't really feel fulfilling, carving up slices of my soul, plating them as delicately as I can, and serving them to a cold oblivion. (That's just mildly fancy talk for saying, "I don't like digging deep and still not connecting with people.") So, consider this one of the warning shots.

...No, seriously; who am I talking to?

Well, anyway. I'm off. I'll leave my stories for another time, unless by some random chance someone wants to hear them. I highly doubt it.

Alright, that's all from me. Certain inner demons are making my outer self exhausted. I need to sleep. Chao, todos.

- TAB III

P.S. I may edit this enough to add pictures or something. I don't know how likely that is, either. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment